Transmission oil leaking into engine oil

Diskutiere Transmission oil leaking into engine oil im Forum D07-Serie im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - Hello, I am new to the forum and I'm hoping someone can help. I have a 1974 D7807 4WD with 5876 hours on the clock, that has just dumped all the...
Gullible

Gullible

Threadstarter
he also noticed the flame element and removed that and blocked off the hole. It does not get cold enough for me to need it here in Australia. It was a cheep fix incase the flame element was sticking open and leaking diesel into the cylinder.

While talking to the mechanic we discovered that my fixing all the leaks meant that I had sealed the fuel system. When I first got the tractor there was a sock (no joke) in the fuel inlet held in place with the top of a spray can. I purchased what was supposed to be the correct fuel cap, but it wasn't. The one I received didn't breath. Not a problem until I started to fix the little leaks in the fuel system. replaced the leaking hoses, replaced the sight gauge on the fuel tank.

Anhänge

• DSCN4189.jpg
    DSCN4189.jpg
    948,7 KB · Aufrufe: 129
  • DSCN4192.jpg
    DSCN4192.jpg
    779,7 KB · Aufrufe: 155
  • DSCN4196.jpg
    DSCN4196.jpg
    578,5 KB · Aufrufe: 134
Gullible

Gullible

Threadstarter
The mechanic's best guess is that I sealed the fuel system and as a vacuum developed it destroyed the diaphragm in the fuel lifter. Which is why, when I replaced the fuel lifter I still had a leak.

He based his guess on the volume of diesel leaking into the engine and the shape of my fuel cap. As you can see I generated enough of a vacuum to distort the cap.
whistling.png

Anhänge

• DSCN4201.jpg
    DSCN4201.jpg
    499,7 KB · Aufrufe: 150
G

GueldnerToledo

Wow. Little problems can lead to one big. Good to hear that everything is okay now.

Kind Regards
Werner

5506S

Hi,
there should be a vent. Often the vent hose is kinked or blocked.
greetings
Mike

kfrptr

kfrptr

Hello Gullible,
I'm glad you found a skilled mechanic. And it's nice for you that you found all the mistakes. Well then, many more nice hours with your Deutz.
Greetings Peter

Thema: Transmission oil leaking into engine oil