Deutz 8005

Diskutiere Deutz 8005 im Forum Motor im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Greetings, I apologize for not being able to communicate this in the German language, but it has been a couple of generations since my family was...
Eether54

Eether54

Greetings,
I apologize for not being able to communicate this in the German language, but it has been a couple of generations since my family was fluent in it. I appreciate this forum greatly as it has helped quite a bit in understanding this engine. Information as well as parts are not easy to come by for this engine over here.

I am restoring a 8005 that has lived a pretty hard life. The engine seized at least once due to the cooling fan not functioning. All of the (48r) cylinder heads have cracks in the same general location. This is by far the worst of them; the others are considerably smaller. All of the cracks were full of carbon, such that they were very difficult to see until clean. Is some small cracking common for this head due to its construction? Is there an acceptable fix for this situation?
I will include googles German translation if it would help.
Thank you very much. Apologies again

Regards, I apologize for not being able to communicate this in German, but it has been a few generations since my family was fluent in it. I really appreciate this forum as it has contributed a lot to the understanding of this engine. Information and parts are not easy to get for this engine here, I'm restoring an 8005 that has lived a pretty tough life. The motor blocked at least once because the fan was not working. All (48r) cylinder heads have cracks in the same general location. This is by far the worst of them; the others are considerably smaller. All cracks were full of carbon, so they were very difficult to see until they were cleaned. Does this head have a small crack due to its construction? What would be the best solution to this situation? I will include google's German translation if it would help. Thank you

Anhänge

• 20200529_015917.jpg
    20200529_015917.jpg
    2 MB · Aufrufe: 366
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Hello Eether,

these cracks are quite normal on the old cilinder heads. I think this is the issue of using different materials for the pre-chamber and the head. As far as the insert is still fixed in the head, these cracks are no problem.

Regards Kai

Eether54

Eether54

Threadstarter
Thank you Kai,
I will proceed with these heads.
Cheers
Ethan

Eether54

Eether54

Threadstarter
If I may impose on forum members a few more questions.

What, if anything does this engine share in common with the 912 engine?
Specifically, the main and rod bearings and rod bolts, oil pump and gaskets are the items of concern. From what I can tell they appear to be the same but I would prefer not to have a surprise.
Also, a previous owner removed the air deflectors that go below the intake and exhaust manifold. (abschirmblech MG4-45) Is there a source for these? They seem pretty important to directing the air around the cylinders. See attached photo
Thank you so much!
Ethan

Anhänge

• 20200604_205633.jpg
    20200604_205633.jpg
    3,3 MB · Aufrufe: 156
Eether54

Eether54

Threadstarter
Anyone? I have searched the forum extensively and havent found anything conclusive. The critical measurements from the my 06 series manual match the 05 series, but I can not find the 05 series part numbers superceding. I would be most thankful for confirmation from someone that has gone down this path.
Respectfully

K

Karel Vermoesen

Hello Ethan,

The F6L812 engine is a pre chamber engine with 95 mm bore.

The F6L912 engine is a direct injection engine with 100 mm bore.

So the engine block, cylinder head, piston, cylinder and injection are different.

The crankshaft and bearing are the same. So are a lot of smal parts.

A complete F6L912 tractor engine fit in the D8005.

The deflectors (5 pieces n°45) on the outside of the cooling air flow, are important to maintain a correct air flow around the cylinder.

Regards,

Karel Vermoesen

Anhänge

• IMG_20200606_0001 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200606_0001 (2).jpg
    225,5 KB · Aufrufe: 141
Thema: Deutz 8005