Clutch main PTO release bearing change

Diskutiere Clutch main PTO release bearing change im Forum Getriebe im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - I was prepping to install the engine: unpleasant surprise. The main PTO clutch throwout bearing is WORN (about 1.5mm play on the outer race). It's...
bad sector

bad sector

I was prepping to install the engine: unpleasant surprise. The main PTO clutch throwout bearing is WORN (about 1.5mm play on the outer race). It's another learning-curve as I have never done a clutch in my life!

It's a double-clutch with two control sliders and bearings. I "think" the small splined shaft is the main PTO shaft and the large one is the main transmission shaft.

The lower control axle is rotated by the main PTO lever on the side of the gearbox.

The upper control axle is rotated by the clutch pedal.

The parts page shows parts but no procedure and I have no Service-Manual. It looks like I need at least part #04383379, maybe seals 38 & 39 too.

How do I dismantle the stuff? Is the big bearing press-fit on part 40? It looks like I have to pull the small bearing to get the big one off and if I pull it then I probably have to replace it also. Do I need a wheel puller for both?

How do I put the new bearing(s) on?

If anyone has the Service-Manual pages I'd appreciate an opportunity to eyeball them.

Thank You.

Thema: Clutch main PTO release bearing change