fan belt removal and replacement

Diskutiere fan belt removal and replacement im Forum D07-Serie im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - Hello, Time for some tractor maintenance, I have not replaced the V belts at the front of the engine since I got the tractor over 8 years ago...
Gullible

Gullible

Hello,
Time for some tractor maintenance, I have not replaced the V belts at the front of the engine since I got the tractor over 8 years ago.

The tractor is a D7807c with air conditioning.

I can see how to release the tension and remove the belt nearest the engine (alternator and engine fan) as the alternator is on an adjustable bracket similar to a car. However the front belt runs along the compressed for the air conditioner, the crank fully and an idler. I cannot figure out how to release the tension in the front belt in order to remove it, nor how to retention the new belt.

Any hints and tips gratefully received.

Also, if anyone can provide me with the details of a supplier who can read english emails and sell me the correct belts that would be great. The set I ordered here in Australia are not the same thickness and I am not keen to fit them to my tractor.

IMG_0672.jpgIMG_0670.jpgIMG_0668.jpg

S

swd40

Hi,

seems noone picked up your question so I'll try.

I know on some air compressors that the tensioning is done on the pulley. There are screws on the pulley to split it and some brackets that you can take out and in to the pulley so that it gets smaller (tensions) or wider (loosens) the belt. To change the belt you screw off one half of the pulley completely (maybe only loosen it without taking it completely off).

Could you show the front of the air conditioner pulley? I can see on the first photo that the pulley is quite wide so I guess that it is tensioned like my air compressor.

Regards,

Josef

Thema: fan belt removal and replacement