DX Serie as in Dx-6.05?

Diskutiere DX Serie as in Dx-6.05? im Forum DX-Serie im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - Greetings, I'm a newbie here and I can't read ..German that is, and as far as writing goes, some say I can't do that in any language :-) I just...
bad sector

bad sector

Greetings, I'm a newbie here and I can't read ..German that is, and as far as writing goes, some say I can't do that in any language :)

I just bought a 1991 Dx-6.05 (4x4 w. front PTO) so I presume that this forum is the right place for it. It had a sick F6L912 engine which is already mostly in pieces but I'm stuck with the tandem hydraulic pump removal (lack of documentation). Is that a tapered shaft under the front cover, requiring a wheel-puller? I prefer to know about such formalities before I get a hold of the twenty pound sledge-hammer.

The second issue is even more of a mystery: not one of the cylinders has a shim between it and the head,, and of only one cylinder pulled so far there is no shim between it and the block either.

PS. I met one Deutz motor a long time ago. IT had more shims than fins, and broken thrust-bearings in the oil-pan

Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Hi bad (do you have a real name?)

normally the hydraulik pump should be easy to remove, if you loosen the nut, but not unthread it, and give it a blow with a bronze rod and a hammer.

Sometimes the shims are burnt on well, so you may try carefully poking the upper edge with a screwdriver. At the first 912 motors no upper shims were used, but this should not be the case with the late Dx6.05 Model.
Do you have the motor repair instruction book? You will need to adjust the cilinder head heights on every cilinder after assembly. This means you will need a set of different shim heights anyway.

Greetings from Germany
Kai

bad sector

bad sector

Threadstarter
> Hi bad (do you have a real name?)

I sure hope so :)

But I treat it like a juvenile and only let it go on the internet in leap years and only under supervision (after almost being ripped off twice and almost being ID-jacked once).

> Do you have the motor repair instruction book?

I do have the Foly manual yes.

> normally the hydraulik pump

Thanks for the hydraulic pump advice, it was 15 years ago that I did my last Deutz engine. I kinda forgot since (soon 79 my memory is still as sharp as a razor's edge ...and not much wider).

> Sometimes the shims are burnt on well

Thanks for the shim/gasket advice too, I finally found it where the head bolts are, prying under there got them loose.

{blinking around 48n66w}

Thema: DX Serie as in Dx-6.05?