D5206 Hydraulic pump return seal?

Diskutiere D5206 Hydraulic pump return seal? im Forum Hydraulik im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Hi! I'm replacing my hydraulic pump these days, and have a bit of an mental issue with the return pipe into the pump. It's attached to the top of...
U

u-strand

Hi!
I'm replacing my hydraulic pump these days, and have a bit of an mental issue with the return pipe into the pump.
It's attached to the top of the pump with four unbraco bolts.
When dismantling the pump, there were no sealant or no oring present between the pump and the return pipe.
The two surfaces are machined completely flat.

Is it supposed to be like this? Should there be nothing between these two machined surfaces?
Thanks!

schluetel

schluetel

Normalerweise ist in dem Flansch eine O-Ring-Nut mit einem O-Ring.
Hast Du Bilder?

Mark

S

swd40

Hi,

the O-Ring should be in the return pipe and the pump side should be machined flat. I had a completely flat O-Ring in there, it looked like machined in there ... but it was just pressed flat over the years. As Mark commented pictures could help.

Regards,

Josef

U

u-strand

Threadstarter
Hi,
Will add pics.
The top of the pump is the return side with no pressure?
And the bottom side is the high pressure output from the pump? This goes through the steering column before continuing into the hydrulic block in the rear.

On the pumps there is only machined flat surfaces on both sides.
On the flange connected to the upper side of the pump there is also a machined flat surface.
On the flange connecting to the bottom of the old pump, there was a guide for an O-ring in the flange. O-ring in place here. It was the top that I was worried about.

New pump:

20220819_180832542_iOS.jpg

Old pump (Topside) No sign of any o-ring track here

20220819_180905835_iOS.jpg

Old pump bottom side:
Mark of an O ring.

20220819_180925675_iOS.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
S

swd40

Hi,

the bigger pipe is return, the thinner line the pressure line. I only see the upper pipe but this seems to be return line. On the pump should be the machined plate, the O-Ring should be in the connector from the pipe to the pump between the 4 screws. If this is not sealed the pump might suck air and will not work well. Was there maybe some paper sheet or other sealant there?

Regards,
Josef

U

u-strand

Threadstarter
Thanks!
Absoutely no paper/rubber between the surfaces at all on the low pressure side.
I'll just add an o-ring topside then:)
Had issues with noise from hydraulics, that's why I replaced the pump in the first place.
It may just be the missing o-ring from the top side of the pump instead perhaps.
Anyway, time will show!

Thema: D5206 Hydraulic pump return seal?