Agrostar questions

Diskutiere Agrostar questions im Forum AgroStar, AgroXtra und AgroPrima im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - Hello from Sweden. I am sorry, but I dont speak German, so I hope there is someone here who speaks English (Or Swedish !) I am interested to buy...
T

tcfengineering

Hello from Sweden. I am sorry, but I dont speak German, so I hope there is someone here who speaks English (Or Swedish !)

I am interested to buy an Agrostar 6.31 or 6.61 but I read a lot about gearbox problems. Its no problem for me to do the work, I just completely rebuilt an International 956XL gearbox. I have a few questions :

What are the typical problems with the gearbox in these tractors ?
Are all the parts still available to buy new ?
What is the cost of the parts to do a full gearbox rebuild ?

Apart from this, what are the other common faults ?
Is the electronic 3 point linkage reliable ? How easy is it to repair if it fails ?

I never owned a Deutz tractor before, and I fancy something different. I dont want any electronics, and the Agrostar looks like it would do the job for me.

Thanks for any help

T

tcfengineering

Threadstarter
Thanks for the reply.

I meant that I want a simple gearbox with no electronics, then I can fix it myself. I live in the far north of Sweden in the arctic circle and it is very hard to find a good workshop here, so I make everything on my own. The agrostar seems to be a good mix of a nice fairly modern cab with simple mechanical parts, thats why I started to look at them

There are some parts for the 956 gearbox which you cannot buy now. I bought a slightly different bearing and made my own adapter sleeve on the lathe. It seems to have worked pretty good. Right now I am painting this tractor.

Thanks

Tim

Deutz8006Lukas

Deutz8006Lukas

Hi Tim,

At first, my english isn't very good and this is my first post on english. My German and Netherlands is much better ... i try to tell you something about my experience with the Agrostars and the (technical) problems ...

The gearbox (TW-900) have not really problems, much people say, that this type gearbox often gets damaged. In my opinion it is important to search a tractor in good state. Make a long testdrive! For example with a working device like a cultivator. then you can notice a lot about the state. here in germany you can get enough spare parts for the gearbox and the rest of the tractor.

typical problems are for example:
-solved wheel axles (no problem to repair)
-tranmission input bearing (no problem to repair)
-synchronize rings (a lot of work, you need some special tools to repair, and good manuals)
-bearing discs in the differential (possible to repair by yourself)
-gearshift jumps out
- stuck powermatic (hi/lo)
- stuck brakes

and some little problems more!

If i were you, i would focus/search on a 6.31.
The original spare parts from a dealer are VERY expensive! Used spareparts about the half .... the gearboxes are built in some deutz tractors! That is a big advantage and much easier for the spareparts search. A full repair of the gearbox can easy cost 10 -15.000€. I dont now what for options you have.

The electronic can be defect - but here in germany are companys who can repair much ...
But a tractor without much electronic would be the DX Series until 1990 ...

The agrostars need's a lot of care, of a caring hand ... and regulary (oil)-service!!!

A good adress for workshop manuals is : agrimanuals .

greeting from north germany,
lukas

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
T

tcfengineering

Threadstarter
Thanks for the reply. I am not in a rush, so I think I will do as you say and search for a 6.31. Is it common to find the 6.31 with the manual 3 point linkage with just 2 levers rather than the electric control ?

Deutz8006Lukas

Deutz8006Lukas

Thanks for the reply. I am not in a rush, so I think I will do as you say and search for a 6.31. Is it common to find the 6.31 with the manual 3 point linkage with just 2 levers rather than the electric control ?
Hi Tim,

I hope i understand you right. Here you can find them both. The EHR (electronic lift control) is much more comfortable to work in the field's. The Agrostars are completely differently, depending on the customer's wishes.

Greeting,

Lukas

T

tcfengineering

Threadstarter
Hello again.

I realise that this is a different idea, but there is a very nice 6.81 come up for sale close to me in Northern Sweden. It has low hours (6500) and it looks like it has been very well cared for. There are no faults with it, everything works. If I bought it, I would need to make all the repairs myself. I think that I would be able to figure out the mechanical side of things, but the question is about the electronics. Do you need to plug in a computer to read codes and reset and calibrate the tractor ? Is this a crazy idea ?

Thanks

Tim

Deutz8006Lukas

Deutz8006Lukas

Hey Tim,

I don't know much about the water-cooled agrostars.But I know that you eventually need a special electronic-device to calibrate the gearbox. This device is connected by the electronic box using a connector.It is possible to call the Deutz-Dealer (Service), and ask of this device is available.Be careful with water (pressure washer). The electronics are sensitive (solenoid valves etc.).Which Front-Axle has the tractor? The older axles are not very good. Greetings,Lukas

[font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][/font]

Thema: Agrostar questions