Any suggestions before Starting the 912 after topend rebuild...

Diskutiere Any suggestions before Starting the 912 after topend rebuild... im Forum Motor im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Sorry this might be a stupid question to you professionals....... I'm new to engines and I have rebuilt the top end of my f3l912, it had very...
G

Garydwall

Sorry this might be a stupid question to you professionals.......

I'm new to engines and I have rebuilt the top end of my f3l912, it had very bag blow by... i have fitted new pistons rings Liners and cylinder heads....

I have followed the deutz manual with the rebuild...

I'm just wondering is there anything I should look out for when I first fire the engine...

Also will it smoke a bit until the new rings bed in?

Any suggestions for the run in ?

Thank you very much...
Gary

Anhänge

• 20211015_145855.jpg
    20211015_145855.jpg
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe: 176
  • 20211015_163950.jpg
    20211015_163950.jpg
    2 MB · Aufrufe: 218
  • 20211016_175822.jpg
    20211016_175822.jpg
    2,1 MB · Aufrufe: 199
  • 20211016_175336.jpg
    20211016_175336.jpg
    2,2 MB · Aufrufe: 183
G

GueldnerToledo

Hello Gary, first you have to check before starting the engine is that you filled the engine up with engine oil to its upper mark on the dipstick. Second you have to check is that the valve clearance is where it should be. Don´t start the engine before letting it turn a while by the electric starter. At least 10 seconds. So the engine oil can move everywhere it should be. I hope you put engine oil behind the Piston rings while mounting them and that you put engine oil to the pistons before mounting them into its cylinders? If you did this there is no problem. Of course the engine will smoke a little bit for a while because it is burning the engine oil away that you put into the engine by mounting all parts together. That is no problem. Of course it is important that you sit on the drivers seat and there is nobody around the engine when starting the engine the first time.

Kind Regards Werner

G

Garydwall

Threadstarter
thank you Werner.

Yes I rubbed engine oil onto the walls of the piston Liners and also onto the rings...

Should I add some extra oil in through the injector holes with a syringe?
Or is rubbing oil into the walls of the piston Liners enough?

I have set valve clearance as per the manual.....

New oil filled....

Thank you very much...

G

GueldnerToledo

Hello, no, please no more engine oil through the injector holes. It might be too much and then the piston can not compress it and so the engine will be damaged. Yes you have enough engine oil in it the way you did. :)

Regards Werner

G

Garydwall

Threadstarter
so I have ran the engine, it all seems good but one question please if someone might be able to help me....

I have a little blow by , from the crankcase breather.
Is this normal?
Maybe it will go away after a few hours driving??

Thank you very much.
Gary

G

GueldnerToledo

Yes, a little blow by is normal. It might be that it will reduce a little bit after the engine has run for several houres.

Regards Werner

G

Garydwall

Threadstarter
ok thank you very much your advice is much appreciated.!

Thema: Any suggestions before Starting the 912 after topend rebuild...