Filzring / dichtungsring A6l514

Diskutiere Filzring / dichtungsring A6l514 im Forum Motor im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Hello! I am restoring a Deutz A6l514 from 1964. It sits in a Atlas Copco VT6 air compressor. Do anyone know where I can get hold the seal...
O

Oelle

Hello!
I am restoring a Deutz A6l514 from 1964.
It sits in a Atlas Copco VT6 air compressor.

Do anyone know where I can get hold the seal "filzring" behind the flywheel :?:
The "filzring" is mounted in a cover that bolts to the block behind the flywheel. This seals around the crankshaft.

Please see photos (I am able to attach them correctly :P )

Best regards Ørjan

Anhänge

• 20190716_085557_.jpg
    20190716_085557_.jpg
    1,1 MB · Aufrufe: 294
  • 20190623_152346_.jpg
    20190623_152346_.jpg
    2 MB · Aufrufe: 234
O

Oelle

Threadstarter
Thank you Deutz45

I am from Norway. I have checked with the company that sells Deutz engines here; -they told me that the item I need is out of production.

So what I am hoping to find is some kind of replacement or a used seal.

Fingers crossed :)

Obrschwob

Obrschwob

Hi Orjan,

maybe thr ring of the F1L514 is the same in the F6L514? Here you will find it:

https://www.traktorenteile-segger.d...-Kurbelwelle-Deutz-F1L514-F1M414-Traktor.html

I don't know the exact size, but ask about it! Deutz had lots of parts in a system of constrution kits for several series exchangeable.

Another way to get a "Filzring", ist to use standard-DIN-Parts: https://www.agrolager.de/index.php?cPath=271_272
There are several sizes available. You need the inside (-1mm) an outside (+1mm) size and the depth/thickness of the ring.

Maybe a standard radial shaft seal with correct size https://www.agrolager.de/index.php?cPath=146 could replace the old "Filzring".

Regards
Martin

O

Oelle

Threadstarter
Hello!
Thank you for the good input :)

Here is an update about this engine: The engine is now back in the compressor and running. The reason for working on this engine was a relatively high lube. oil consumption with a lot of blue smoke from the exhaust. The cylinder liners was worn and it was a lot of play between valves and valve guides. On top of this, one crankpin was bad and needed grinding.
Regarding the missing "filzring" in the flywheel end, I actually decided to do nothing =O - the engine was assembled without this seal (as it was). The good news is that there is very little oil coming out in the flywheel end (almost nothing) :thumbsup:
I do see some oil, but it is very little so I have placed a tray below the engine, which is possible as the compressor is stationary.

Off-topic, but same engine:

1.Picture of main oil filter and "Spannrolle und Stoßdämpfer". Is it correct to fill brake fluid in this "Stoßdämpfer"? Will I see the max/min-oil level when I open it?

2.Picture of Bosch injection pump, marked with: "PE6A 75C420 LS1036" : Do you use engine lubrication oil for the governor? Could you say something about what plug that represents the correct oil level for the governor?

Best regards Ørjan

20200407_172141_.jpg20200406_082336_.jpg

K

Karel Vermoesen

Hi Orjan,
At the bottom of the governor there is a square plate with drain plug. (B) Unscrew this drain plug. A mixture of oil and diesel runs out.
Remove the fill plug at the top (A), pour in oil, this oil will drive the remaining diesel upwards from the drain pug. Keep topping up until pure oil flows from the drain plug.
The drain plug is the correct level.
Regards,
Karel Vermoesen

Anhänge

• Bosch Regler(2).jpg
    Bosch Regler(2).jpg
    4,5 MB · Aufrufe: 162
T

tractorboy1950

Hello,

What about the first point:

1.Picture of main oil filter and "Spannrolle und Stoßdämpfer". Is it correct to fill brake fluid in this "Stoßdämpfer"? Will I see the max/min-oil level when I open it?

Is there a picture, section view of the "spannrolle" There are springs inside, how to close it back and fill with oil?

Best regards

Gert

Thema: Filzring / dichtungsring A6l514