7206A Steering pivot rust

Diskutiere 7206A Steering pivot rust im Forum Lenkung im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Hello all, Our 7206A had an oil leak on the front axle shafts. When I removed the steering arm bolted to the upright I can see it is very rusty...
F

Farmsyncro

Hello all,

Our 7206A had an oil leak on the front axle shafts. When I removed the steering arm bolted to the upright I can see it is very rusty (iron oxide, FeO) see photo. Is there a good method to stop this in future?

The left side is like new, it is not covered with the steering arm.

How can I remove this pivot part? the hex part to remove is completely rusted away.

The oil seal on the axle is special with 3 lip and metal shield. Where can I buy these? What is the part number?
Now I have used 2x regular oil seal but I will change this when I can get the correct seals.

For us now in Australia the winter rain has started and it is now cold at 8-15 degrees in the day and 0-5 at night. We have had 130mm in 2 months. (We will be lucky if we get 600mm in 1 year)
With the rain means working the soil and sowing crop for hay. This year I could use my Deutz for ploughing but without 4 wheel drive the traction was not enough. I could plough deeper with my 45Hp Iseki tractor. I have sowed oats and vetch together and will cut this to make hay in the spring. Now it is growing slowly as the temperature is low.

Anhänge

• Deutz_pivotR.jpg
    Deutz_pivotR.jpg
    4,4 MB · Aufrufe: 322
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hello all,

Re: 7206A with ZF APL 1351 front drive.

Where can I buy the front axle oil seals? These are triple lip seal and steel shield. I cannot find them with my normal bearing suppliers.

Thanks.

Thema: 7206A Steering pivot rust