Drive Shaft compatability

Diskutiere Drive Shaft compatability im Forum Getriebe im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Hello all, I need a drive shaft for the front differential of our 7206A as I purchased it without and it has been lost by the previous owner. I...
F

Farmsyncro

Hello all,

I need a drive shaft for the front differential of our 7206A as I purchased it without and it has been lost by the previous owner.
I have located a used driveshaft that is originally from a 7807 A. Will this fit our 7206A?
As far as I can tell from measurements it is the same. I need to be sure as it is about 600km from me and is quite expensive for a second hand part.

Thanks

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hallo,
ist die vordere Antiebswelle in einem Deutz 7807 A die gleiche wie in meinem 7206 A ?

K

Karel Vermoesen

Hello,
On the D7206A there are 3 axles posible;
ZF AL1550, vrom 1979 Sige SLE 4171 or ZF APL 1351.
On the D7807A there is a Sige SLE 4171.
Only when both tractors have the same axle, the
drive shaft ist identic.
Kind regards,
Karel Vermoesen

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Thanks Karel,

I have the second hand shaft and it is now fitted. I know this is from a different model (7807A) and mine is 7206A.
The front drive assembly was not available to check the model number. The shaft bolted on OK.
See photo, there is only 100mm of spline engaged and about 120mm on the outside.

What is normal? Can some kind people photograph their Deutz drive shaft so I can see what is normal.

Shaft1.jpg

S

swd40

Hi,

I guess the painted part of the shaft is a good approximation of what it should have been like. So your shaft seems about 120mm too short. If you don't put too much stress on the shaft the remaining 100mm may be enough.

Regards,
Josef

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hi Josef,

Thanks for your reply.

The painting is done by me before I fitted the shaft to the tractor so is NOT a guide to previous use.

Thanks.

S

swd40

Hi,

Ok. Thought that would be an indication. I know from.other shafts that these iverlap nearly full (there is only some 1-2cm movement if the front axle is fully tilted). So the marking looked quite good.

Regards,

Josef

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Thanks Joseph,

Thanks for the photo, I can see mine is not good but not bad either....

I will make preparation for cutting, extending and rejoining(welding) the shaft. I would be more comfortable if the spline was fully engaged with about 20mm of free travel (not the 100mm it is now)

Thema: Drive Shaft compatability