Cleaning Engine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Cleaning Engine

Hello,

What is the best way to clean this muck off the engine? Years of neglect (not mine)
      One cylinder I removed and used a saw blade to scrape between each cooling fin then scrubbed with caustic (alkaline) oven cleaner. This took about 1 hour! The oil and dust has been baked hard by the heat.
      I do not want to remove all cylinders but they do need to be clean.

Regards
      Cheers,

FarmSyncro

Measure twice, cut once....
    • Hi,

the best or one way to do it can be seen it this video:

Its Wilfried, who is also active here in this forum.
      There are no subtitles in the video, but i think you can see whats interesting.

Greeting from sunny Nürnberger Land

Joe
      Kommentar meiner Frau zum Intrac:
      Schaff mir bloß des hässliche Ding aus den Augen!
      Des is doch ka Bulldog, der is irgendwie verkehrt...!

Update 11/ 2015: meine Frau steigt ohne Vomacur nicht mehr in den Intrac...
    • Hey Jason,

look at this Thread:

Mein Deutz F2L 514/53

In posting 132 you will find a solution for cleaning mixtures:

• First step: Bref(f) (brandname of LIDL supermarket) - a cleaning spray for oven! For first cleaning. Use carefully, because it's corrosive!!! Read instructions before use!!!

• Second step: citric acid - concentrated 3-4 soup spoons in 1 litre of water for 20 minutes - to lay in (i think you also can use ist with a brush)

Sorry for my bad english!

Regards
      Martin
      Beim Griff in die eigene Tasche stellt man immer wieder fest, dass die "Öffentliche Hand" bereits vorher drin war...
      Da es förderlich für die Gesundheit ist, habe ich beschlossen, glücklich zu sein. (Voltaire)
      Ich kann, weil ich will, was ich muss! (Immanuel Kant)
      Wenn man bei einem anderen Menschen erfolgreich Fehler finden möchte, so verwende man nicht eine Lupe, sondern besser einen Spiegel.

Der Oberschwabe: homo erectus spaetzlei-maultaschii
    • Hi,

Thanks for the ideas. I'll update you on progress.

How do they blast the dry ice? This sounds like a good idea, non caustic, no chemicals.

Hey, do not apologize for your English skills (this is a German forum). You should hear my German - I stopped learning when my daughter was 4 years old. I probably also know a bit of german swearing, being the target. As you may guess I have a German partner.

I use Google to translate the posts as my German is not good enough to understand. This works but it is hard and very tiring reading.
      Cheers,

FarmSyncro

• Update.

After a lot of hard work with a scraper blade and oven cleaner the engine now looks like this. Even after 3 cycles of oven cleaner ("alkaline salts + Diethylene glycol alkyl ether"), scraping, pressure washing with water there is still a small amount of very hard material. I am happy with this result.

Thanks for the suggestions.
      Images
      • cln_barrels3.jpg

284.83 kB, 1,992×1,121, viewed 31 times
      • cln_barrels1.jpg

260.68 kB, 1,992×1,121, viewed 29 times
      • oven_cln1.jpg

184.33 kB, 1,120×1,992, viewed 23 times
      Cheers,

FarmSyncro

Post was edited 1 time, last by Farmsyncro ().

• GOOD! The main slurry ist OFF!

Congratulations!

Regards
      Martin
      Beim Griff in die eigene Tasche stellt man immer wieder fest, dass die "Öffentliche Hand" bereits vorher drin war...
      Da es förderlich für die Gesundheit ist, habe ich beschlossen, glücklich zu sein. (Voltaire)
      Ich kann, weil ich will, was ich muss! (Immanuel Kant)
      Wenn man bei einem anderen Menschen erfolgreich Fehler finden möchte, so verwende man nicht eine Lupe, sondern besser einen Spiegel.

Der Oberschwabe: homo erectus spaetzlei-maultaschii