7206 Hydraulics & Transmission

Diskutiere 7206 Hydraulics & Transmission im Forum Hydraulik im Bereich Allgemeine technische Fragen - Hello from Australia, We have recently acquired a 7206A in poor condition. It may have not done many hours of work but has been badly looked...
F

Farmsyncro

Hello from Australia,

We have recently acquired a 7206A in poor condition. It may have not done many hours of work but has been badly looked after. It has an Australian made cab that is badly rusted in places but the "Deutz" parts are in good condition.

So far I have rebuilt the steering ram that was leaking, repaired the front hub planetry gearset cover plates & replaced the oil, cleaned the transmission filter, Drained and replaced the milky (water contaminated) front drive oil, Scraped and pressure washed years of accumulated oil and mud away, replaced one rear tire tube, drained and cleaned the fuel tank, replaced fuel filter & refitted all the fuel hoses with sealing washers to stop all the leaks.

Next jobs are: Replace cylinder 2&3 head gaskets, replace exhaust muffler, Investigate why the drive shaft was removed - maybe a problem with the front wheel drive?, clean away rust and repaint, repair cab and repaint. Complete rewire as all the existing wiring is broken or cracked.

Hopefully I will have it ready to do some hard work this coming season.

I have some questions:
1. What hydraulic fluid should I be using? (Measured at the back of the tractor above the lifting arms.)
2. The transmission filter has a hole in it. Is this correct? this would leak fluid and bypass the filter so why is it there?
3. Is there a good method to remove seized head studs? Two head gaskets are leaking. I have started to remove the heads but one stud is seized. Is there a good method to remove this apart from the heating/cooling & trying to undo. Or cut it off & drill it & tap it.....
4. Who are your recommended parts suppliers for this older tractor?
5. Does anyone have an Operator Manual in English for the 7206A? I have a German version but we are unable to make sense of the translation (my local native German cannot translate the technical information)

Thanks,

Hey, If this is better in German I will try and have it translated.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Florian Hommer

Florian Hommer

Hello from Germany Farmsyncro.
The Deutz 7206 4WD is a really nice and strong Tractor.

Unfortunately my english is not good enough to answer to your Questions.

But some Guys here at the Deutzforum can give you an Answer to all your Questions.

Best Regards from Germany.
Florian

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Hello Farmsyncro,

1. For Deutz tractors standard motor oil 15W40 would be used as hydraulic fluid.

2. Could you take a picture of it?

3. Just try to use bolt loosen spray und unscrew the head bolt. Deutz 912 motors do not have a head gasket. The cilinder and head are grind together by grinding paste and then seal tight. Maybe the head has to be made planar by lathe.

Kind regards
Kai

Abeln

Abeln

Hi FarmSyncro,

there is an opportunity of purchasing an englisch version of a manual HERE. For several free additional information, brochures and cheap spare part books, you should get in contact with the SDF Archivo Storico e Museo.
In my opinion, there is not a single perfect supplier available for every part. Depending on the parts you need, several members of this forum are able to provide you with detailed information and adresses of suppliers for the specific parts you need.
For loosing seized head studs, try giving the head stud some proper hammer blows with a brass or aluminium bar lieing inbetween on the head itself. If the bolt is mounted within an iron cast part, be carful. Otherwise you could break the cast iron. Usually the hammer blows are loosing the bolt a little, so you should be able loosing it afterwards.

Kind regards,
Markus

Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Hello,

maybe this Video from Wilfried could additionally help for loosening the head bolts:

The english translation subtitle by youtube is not very well, but maybe you can understand what Wilfried tries to say.

MfG Kai

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hello,

Thanks for the replies and information.

Unfortunately 2 head bolts broke as I was removing them, despite heating and cooling & hammer work. Now I have the fun of removing the broken part from the engine block.
These are assembled with a head gasket or shim between the head and the barrel. Is this normal? Kai6.05 writes above that there is no gasket.

How do I add photos? When I try to cut & paste I get no "paste" option in dialogue box. What am I doing wrong?

Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Hello,

in German it would be called an "Ausgleichsscheibe" in english maybe equalizing washer or distance washer. With this ring the distance or gap between the piston ans the zylinder head can be adjusted (in german the Spaltmaß).

For uploadind Pictures you have to click the paperclip on the bottom of your text and then click "Hochladen" then you can select the picture you want to upload.

Kind regards, Kai

B

bluking24

Hallo leute ich habe eine deutz 6006 und ich hatte hidraulic filtre getauscht aber functioniert nicht mehr weil unten filter ist eine plastic mit feder und daca ist kaput geworden ,weiss jemand who kann ich das finden und wie heisst?

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Thanks everyone.

Kai6.05 thanks for explaining this. In english we would call this part a "shim" I assumed these were located under the barrel. It is much easier for set up that they are on top!

I cannot find new head studs. Where can I buy these? The only place I found was USA ebay but very expensive plus freight.

KurtD30S

KurtD30S

Hello Jason,
hello Kai,

when I renewed on a F4L912 engine assembled in a D 6006 all four complete cylinder heads, barrels and pistons, I experienced that there was one thicker shim between cylinder head and cylinder barrel. I do not know out of my head the thickness of this particular part. It is assembled similar as a cylinder head gasket, but it is none.
Furthermore there are one or two shims assembled betwen cylinder barrel and engine crankcase. These shims have various thickness in order to build a proper clearance between cylinder head and piston.

This is just a hint as there are many versions of engine type FL912 out in the market.

Jason, with respect to the cylinder head bolts, I would recommend to send a request to Fuchs Landtechnik as supplier for spare parts.

Maximilian, (owner of Fuchs Landtechnik)
I do not know if you are familiar with export to third party countries and whether or not customs clearance will be an issue, due to the low value of the parts. My recommondation would be to ask the customs clearance office (Zollamt) for clarification.

Best Regards,
Kurt

Deutz45nullfuenf

Deutz45nullfuenf

Dear Jason,

Please try it here for spare parts:
www.deutz.com.au/service/

Deutz AG is the manufacturer and dealer for engine parts and in germany SDF called Same Deutz Fahr is the manufacturer and dealer for tractors.

M

michiwi

Dear Jason,

Many you can order the part number 098.190 from the company elring. It's the headbolt set for the engine 912.

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hello all,

Progress: Cylinder heads 2 & 3 are off. 2 broken cylinder head bolts are now removed (!!) This took many days of tap tap tap with a hammer, oil on the thread, an Aussy secret rust penetrating oil (eucalyptus oil) and grinding a flat on the stud so I could grip it with clamping pliers. More tap tap tap and wiggle wiggle wiggle and swear swear and threats of cut drill and tap and they came out.

Yes, I do know that this will be very weird in translation - all in good fun.

I found it very hard to buy new Cylinder head bolts. Deutz were very expensive and limited stock in Aus. No .de supplier on ebay would send to Australia. Eventually I have found some here (probably from China) for a reasonable price.

Is there a special way to clean the hard carbon from the cooling fins? Some of this is like rock.

I will now clean the cylinder heads, Inspect the valves, seats and guides and get ready for assembly.

Here is the tractor as purchased. The rust is evident, the holes in the roof are hidden.

Here is the transmission filter. Why is there a hole in the top? This would leak unfiltered oil past the filter. Should this be blocked with something?

my_7206A-min.jpgtx_fliter-min.jpg

F

Farmsyncro

Threadstarter
Hello,

Can someone explain why this hole in the transmission oil filter?

tx_fliter-min.jpg

As I understand it oil (and contaminants) can travel through this hole and bypass the filter. The cap does not block this hole. Is there a part missing.

Thema: 7206 Hydraulics & Transmission