MAH 916 restoration in Italy - valves help

Diskutiere MAH 916 restoration in Italy - valves help im Forum Deutz Standmotoren im Bereich sonstige Deutz - Hello guys, my name is Paolo, and i'm from Italy. I don't know deutsch very well, so I prefer write in english and I hope you understood me. In...
P

Primo ITA

Hello guys, my name is Paolo, and i'm from Italy.
I don't know deutsch very well, so I prefer write in english and I hope you understood me.
In past, here in my farm, before I was born, there's an old standing motor that rode a water-pump until around 1975. Since that year, it was "stored" in a courtyard, under sun and rain.
Some months ago, when I was picking some old irons to bring them at the demolition man, I watch this motor and I took it and starting to look, and i see that is a Deutz MAH 916 from 1952. Then, I decided to pick it at my home, and starting to restore it.

P_20180114_135551.jpg P_20180114_135542.jpg P_20180114_133614.jpg

It was not in too bad conditions, apart 15 liters of water inside, but, unfortunately, when I had opened the engine head, I see that the exhaust valve is broken.

P_20180120_164738.jpg P_20180120_164749.jpg

I've searched for it here in Italy, but i can't find anywhere: did you know if there is someone who made them new, or if it's possible to found them from a broken motor?

Furthermore, I've seen that it miss the fuel filter inside the fuel filter case: someone know if there is a compatible fuel filter to mount inside?

Please, help me to re-sartt this Deutz. Thank you.

QuieseL

QuieseL

Hello Paolo,
The 916 looks well, keep the Patina :)
If i‘m right, the 916 valve is a bit taller in the diameter compared to the 914/714. I remember the diameter of the 914 shaft was around 11mm.
Whats the diameter of your valve?
For a 714/914 in got one or two valves in stock.
Maybe you will get the valve on this Page:
https://www.metzendorff-co.de/produkte/deutz_mah
Ventilkegel [ID: 2514]
L ~ 204, Ø ~ 65, Ø ~ 13,9

Have fun on this nice Forum.

If you cant get your Need, you can try it on here:

http://forum.standmotor.de/portal

Greetz to Italy
Matze

lascia correre il motore :thumbsup:

mandeutzman

mandeutzman

Ciao Paola, benvenuto qui nel forum. Vuoi dirmi dove vivi in Italia? Ti mando un messaggio privato.

Ciao mandeutzman

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Hi Matze, thank you for your reply.
the valve stem measure around 12 mm (a little less), total height is 200.
Under the exhaust valve is marked a code, but I can read only some numbers, and I think they are 214084.
I've take a look at the metzendorff website, and I think that the right valve is the ID:2516, but unfortunately it's signed as sold.

Kai6.05

Kai6.05

Moin Primo,

it does mean the rusty weared paintwork, which shows the Motor is old and used, but with the original paint. Somtimes people grind the old paint and paint it new, to look like it is brand new. This is often disliked by many people, which like to see the the "age" or the wear of the parts.

MfG Kai

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Thank you MfG Kai for explanation.

At the moment I will try to restart the motor in these conditions. After it I don't know if I will paint it or not, but now, after your advice, I can think back.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
QuieseL

QuieseL

Hello Primo,

I‘ll Check the diameter from my valve in stock, maybe its the correct once.

Maybe ur lucky ;)

Cheers
Matze

M

MAHans914

Dear Paolo,
I bought the valves for my MAH516 (and some other parts for MAH516 and MAH914) in this shop.

The valves are not listed there but it's worth a try to ask the people there via email or telephone. They are very helpful and engaged, it's a real good shop. The only thing I do not know is, whether or whether not they are delivering to Italy.

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Thank you Hans for your informations!

Anyone know wich fuel filter it's possible to mount on the filter case?

P_20180202_091018.jpg

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Thank you Karl.
Do you think FA5P29 is the same as the FA5P29 ?

Paolo

S

Sonnenschein-Karl

Hi Paolo,

(You mean: ...FA5P29 is the same as the FA5P ?)

I do'nt know exactly.
But, after my comment before, I have zoom your image and on the right side, I seem to ident the extension "39" (???)
and I have market it yellow, see below.
Then, your filter is a FA5P39 !!
Please double-check it.

In the Deutzforum here I has found follow link:
http://www.deutzforum.de/index.php?attachment/135041-f1l514-51-pdf/

If it is right with FA5P39, it is easy to find the accurate sparepart: PSJ 18/2 Z and this item correspond with MANN BFU 707
and there is no different to the FA5P29 so you have write before.

Maybe, someone of engine experts here can confirm my search.

Best regards
Karl

Anhänge

• Paolo Dieselfilter.JPG
    Paolo Dieselfilter.JPG
    87,7 KB · Aufrufe: 189
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
QuieseL

QuieseL

Hello paolo,
Take a Look ;)

Got two valves in stock, but one is only useable as dekoration :whistling:

92427D79-2132-4083-8F1E-2F8C3429C774.jpegE3755FD6-6043-4DF1-9BE2-4E3237D8DE1F.jpeg92427D79-2132-4083-8F1E-2F8C3429C774.jpegE3755FD6-6043-4DF1-9BE2-4E3237D8DE1F.jpeg

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Hi Paolo,

(You mean: ...FA5P29 is the same as the FA5P ?)

I do'nt know exactly.
But, after my comment before, I have zoom your image and on the right side, I seem to ident the extension "39" (???)
and I have market it yellow, see below.
Then, your filter is a FA5P39 !!
Please double-check it
Thank you so much Karl, probably It''a a FA5P39, not FA5P30 like I've read :sleeping:
Next days, I will go to the auto-parts shop and ask for tho Bosch PSJ18/2Z (or simlar), and I will try it!

Regards,
Paolo

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Hello paolo,
Take a Look ;)

Got two valves in stock, but one is only useable as dekoration :whistling:
And the other one?? :D

Anyway, I've asked at www.graf-motoren.de and they have them in stock. If you want to keep your valve for a next Deutz standmotor, there are no problem for me.
They told me that ship to Italy, and also have in stock the head gasket for the MAH916.

Regards,
Paolo

QuieseL

QuieseL

Hey Paolo,
The good one is available for you ;)
Your Choice :thumbsup:
Whats the Price for a new valve?
Its a new one from Graf-Motoren, isnt it?

GreetZ

P

Primo ITA

Threadstarter
Hey Paolo,
Whats the Price for a new valve?

Its a new one from Graf-Motoren, isnt it?

GreetZ
Hi Matze,

yes, new one from Graf-Motore for €98,50 + MwSt(19%) and shipping to Italy. Not cheap ;(

With the standard "end stem" they cost €98,50 ; with another one "end stem" (never seen from me) they cost €58,00). 8|

Paolo

Thema: MAH 916 restoration in Italy - valves help