New Deutz-owner

Diskutiere New Deutz-owner im Forum FL 514 Baureihe im Bereich Deutz / Deutz-Fahr Schlepper - Hello, I have recently bought a F2L514/51 and I am glad I found this Website and Forum, lots of useful info. (and I understand some German, but...
F

Finnland

Hello, I have recently bought a F2L514/51 and I am glad I found this Website and Forum, lots of useful info. (and I understand some German, but unfortunately I cannot write any.)

Some questions:

Is the gearbox easy to open and fix? The problem with my tractor is that the reverse gear wheels seem to be stuck. With the gear shifter in neutral the tractor goes backwards, if I put in forward gear the engine stops.

Is the pedal on the right side under the seat for the Differentialsperre? (Mine does not move, rusted...)

Does anyone know why Deutz tractors in Finland are painted orange? (the original green is also visible under the orange paint)

Lasca34

Lasca34

Welcome finnland! What a wunderful tractor! Don't worry about, I am a little bit crazy as far as two-cylinder-tractors of the 514-series are concerned :D .

Probabely, your troubles with respect to the reverse gear can be solved easily. In the ZF A 15 gear box the levers for changing the gears are sometimes confused. If this was the reason with your tractor, you could simply open the upper cover ( that cover, which contains the main gear lever ) of the gear box. Than you will see those levers which move the gear wheels ( the so called shifter forks or selector forks ) , and you will see what to do as well.

Yes, the pedal on the right side under the driver's seat affects the differential lock.

Unfortunately I do not know anything about the orange paint of your tractor. Perhaps you know, that the german Allgaier-tractors had a special paint for the scandinavian market, and this was orange, too. Maybe that this painting is due to special scandinavian preferences?

By the way: Your German seems to be much better than my Finnish :D !

Kind regards
Michael

F

Finnland

Threadstarter
Thanks Michael.

This week I will hopefully get new front tires for my tractor, so I can get it home and start working on it.

Is there any oil filter (exchangeable) on the engine? The tractor has not been in use for about 30 years, so it is probably a good idea to start with oil service and to change fuel filter.

How much oil is needed for the engine and gearbox?
What about the hydraulic system, is it separate from gearbox oil?
Does newer F2L514 have high/low gear and two gear shifters?? I have seen that in some pictures.

Freundliche Grüssen, Rolf

F

Finnland

Threadstarter
I found the füllmengen, 5 liter in engine and 31-33 liter in gearbox, right?

F

F1L514/51

wow, I see you have to do a lot of overtimes at your tractor till he is ready for show. :))
But you are right with the fillings.
5 liter in engine and 31-33 liter in gearbox is what the manual shows and by the way you will find a manual in german at http://www.deutz-traktoren.de/ by clicking on "Bedienungsanleitung".
best regards and good luck

Thema: New Deutz-owner